NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Anyone knows the difference between the 2 ?

Vox45

I am a bit puzzled by this.

Amazon in France sells this "Baader Planetarium Hyperion Zoom Oculaire Grande distance focale 8-24 mm" for 246€ but if you look carefully it does not say "clickstop" like this one which sells for 279€

Now, I tried to find the same without the 'clickstop' marking on other site and could not. Is this an older model ? is it clickstop even though it's not written on it ? It is still a Mark III so what is the difference ?

Even worst ... they advertise the clickstop without the barlow for 209€ but when you look at the image, it's the one without the clickstop marking ...

Hope someone knows the answer it's driving me crazy ;)

I didn't think there were two types of Mk III Baader zoom ?

I've owned one and used a couple more and they all had clickstops at the marked focal lengths. You can stop the zoom at any point between 8 and 24mm though. I used to have a Mk II Baader zoom and that had a click stop action as well.

both are exactly the same eyepieces,first link for  246 is without a barlow and is an import from Germany,where the other  for 279 is with barlow.

Actually the one at 209€ is explicitly without a barlow, the one at 279€ has a barlow in the description ... and then... the one at 246€ also has a barlow in the description .. could this be an error from Amazon ?

All will be revealed in time ... I have ordered the one at 246€ (only 2 left in stock) and will get it on monday. It is sold by amazon so I'll return it if needed ;)

the only thing I can think of is that the one at 246€ is sold by Amazon and the one at 279€ is sold by Astroshop so that could be the difference. If that is the case, I will be careful in the futur when shopping on Amazon !

If the barlow is included it's a good deal. If not then it's a bit expensive for just the zoom. First Light Optics are selling the zoom for £165 at the moment or £215 for the zoom plus the barlow.

By the way Vox, if you ever fancy a night away from the Paris lights with your scope, we are about 35k to the south?

I would gladly accept this invitation. I am not yet enrolled in any astroclub and or have astro-buddies in Paris. For me, an important aspect of this hobby is the joy of meeting people who share the same passion. Nothing beats a night out with friends looking at the sky and sharing knowledge and experiences aroud a big scope... even a small scope would do it ;)

If the barlow is included it's a good deal. If not then it's a bit expensive for just the zoom. First Light Optics are selling the zoom for £165 at the moment or £215 for the zoom plus the barlow.

so that would be 274€ (215£) ... I would save 25€ not a great deal but still enough to buy flowers and chocolate for my wife to help her swallow the pill ;)

so that would be 274€ (215£) ... I would save 25€ not a great deal but still enough to buy flowers and chocolate for my wife to help her swallow the pill ;)

Good use of the money I'd say ! :smiley:

Archived