Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Baader Hyperion 8-24 mm Clickstop Mark III - Unboxing

Vox45

As I was browsing Amazon France yet again, longing to get my Baader Hyperion 8-24 mm Clickstop Mark III, I noticed that there were 2 of those selling at different prices...

One was selling at 248€ and the other at 279€ .. the only difference being that the cheaper one did not have the marking "clickstop" on it. After discussing this with others in another thread, I decided to make the jump and buy the cheaper one, if anything I could always send it back as it was sold by directly by Amazon.

Got it this morning...  Lo and behold ! it's the correct one, with the barlow and clickstop and all :)

The box

IMG 1549

Neatly packaged

Baader Zoom 1

Feels like xmas. Comes in a nice leather pouch

Baader Zoom 2

What a relief to see that correct marking on it

Baader Zoom 3

The barlow and adapters

Baader Zoom 3

The whole shebang

Baader Zoom 4

Not a pinhole ... I like that

Baader Zoom 5

Not heavy and feel like it's well crafted

Baader Zoom 6

Thanks for watching ;)

Congratulations :smiley:

I've owned a couple of the Baader zooms. Nice eyepieces, well made and thought out. I tended to use mine with the 2" barrel in place as I have 2" filters and I much preferred the simple rubber eyecup to the twist up one.

As a newbie who only owns the 25mm stock eyepiece that came with the scope, I am sure that there are a lot of wow moments in my near future :)

This EP will gives me a starting point with 10 focal length to play with (with the barlow) from there, I can compare with more expensive EP and build my 'collection' over the years.

I feel it's a good way to start, maybe not cheap but I had such a bargain for the scope that I can afford to spend on the EPs (Celeston C6/Sirus EQ-G mount/motorfocus/solar glass filter, scope case, all in mint condition for 500€) it is nice to have friends who always need to have a bigger scope :)

Looks great.

Don't forget to give us a first light report too. :)

I will :) if weather permits it I will go in a dark site on saturday and try this beauty in the field !

Congratulations. That's very nice kit you've got in a very attractive price :smiley:

Archived