NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

29/12 - Montes Apenninus - Dawn breaks across the Hadley Rille

Blazar

Here is another from the 29th. This one caught my eye as it was quite moody (and detailed). managed to catch Hadley Rille (along with Hadley C) at this phase, even though its not ideal. I had managed to push the TAL x3 the previous night so did so again. Its the usual set-up, AVi's captured with OA capture, processed in PIPP, AS2, RS6 then constructed in PS. Hope you like it.

gallery_27945_3180_8139775.png

Brilliant! On the 29th I was showing my sis in law this same range (and the approximate site of Apollo 11). She was very pleased to see the Moon close-up for the first time.

Thank you. It is a nice area to mooch around ;-) 

Thanks Sam, Jarrod, Michael and Mr Wavey. There is some great info on the Apollo 15 landings on Wikipedia. I did an image a while back and added all the links into that one if you are interested.

Done very well, I wish I could get my Tal x3 to produce things that sharp.

Jarrod. on tha TALx3. I don't often use it. but the one thing I have found is that I must use the other really important piece of kit I went for, which was a moonlite focuser. the small focus adjustments  on the 8:1 really do help nail a pretty decent result. Its probably the best investment after the camera I guess (oh and an OTA....and mount....) you get you idea.

Ah yes, you make an excellent point there. I have known for some time  I really need to upgrade my focuser from the standard Skywatcher one.

I looked into it last year but forgot what my conclusion was. Ideally I would want one for a 6" newt that can work with my current electric motor focuser.

Archived