NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

TELESCOPE 101: AN INTRODUCTION TO THE WORLD OF TELESCOPES

Appears to be a very well written introduction to the major types of telescopes most people will encounter. Lucid and balanced between having too little and too much technical jargon for a novice to wrap their minds around.

Good find! Thanks for posting.

Clear & Dark Skies,

Dave

Very nice for beginners.  This time of year, we're seemingly overwhelmed with perspective astronomers asking a zillion questions about the different types of equipment.  This unbiased, free book will be perfect for them.

Thank You.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice find Alexxx

This time of year, we're seemingly overwhelmed with perspective astronomers asking a zillion questions about the different types of equipment. 

Thank You.

But on SGL we don't mind how many times the question gets asked there's always someone happy to provide an answer :)

I would hate to see SGL becoming a "Google this, read this , use the search facility" forum like you sometimes see elsewhere...

Peter...

As an introduction seems well written, my only grouch is it interspersed with beautiful colour photographs and no mention how they were taken. giving an impression that this is what you would view through a telescope  i dont know of any telescope that would capable of this. giving a false impression.

Archived