Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQMOD and EQ8

Philip Benson

Hi,

Yes it does, although the EQDIR adapter that had work happily with a EQ6, didn't like the EQ8. I replaced it with one of these: http://www.firstlightoptics.com/astronomy-cables-leads-accessories/hitecastro-eqdir-adapter.html, which solved the problem. I've no idea what caused the conflict, but no further issues, so I'm happy!

Regards, Herrman

Hi,

Don't use FTDI control cable. I bought several from different places (usb to TTL) all failed to work with my EQ8 ! At first I thought that it was cheapo copies but not the case. Prolific work fine. Trouble with prolific is that com port changes with different USB ports. Just check the com port to be sure which one is being used or change it to one you want. Windows may tell you that a com port is already in use. This is not usually true as it remembers if it has been used before. Just use the one you want. If it fails reboot and it will sort itself out. Then use another port. My EQ8 com port is not found with toolbox, but just set it manually. Works fine.

Derek

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived