Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Blummin' aircraft!

DaveS

I know that feeling Dave, but from a visual perspective. Couple of times recently I've been observing Mars when a plane has flown nearby and the vapour trail has completely trashed the view, lasts for a good few minutes too.

I think your picture is quite pretty however ;-)

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was out in my new "home" town today (moving in 2 weeks). I had a good look around for possible observing locations. There are dozens of them just minutes walk from the house. Not a street light to be seen anywhere. No houses,business' main roads etc anywhere close-by. The skies are going to be lovely and dark. I am/was so excited about observing there until...............

I saw/heard a large plane flying over and looked up to see that it was only about 1000 ft off of the ground. Dublin airport is about 15 miles away and the east end of the town seems to be directly under the flight path for incoming planes. It shouldnt be much of a problem as i am purely an observing type of guy.

I suppose i have to sacrifice something for the dark skies i will be gaining.

Archived