Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Jupiter WOZS71

I have been playing around with my scope recently so instead of the usual DSS stuff i have been taking shots of the garden, pets etc and have been impressed with its versatility.

I have taken a few lunar shots at the scopes prime focus of 400mm in the past but was never satisfied with the image scale so decided try the cheap skywatcher barlow i had and was pleasently supprised even though it has poor CA performance with a fast scope.

The image of the moon was 200 frames taken with the camera in video mode and processed in registax (this was my 1st go with RS too) the second image is Jupiter shot as 10 stills and again stacked in registax i did try the movie mode but the resolution was bad only 20 pixels wide.

The images wont win any prizes but i was pleased that i even got a recognisable image of Jupiter from my setup.

Alan

post-32578-0-24478900-1395144907_thumb.p

post-32578-0-23467300-1395144938.png

Thanks everyone i do agree that it allways worth pushing equipment to its limits and it costs nothing to try, trouble is that my Jupiter is a little too good given the bad combination of optics so im thinking a nice powermate mmmmm.

Alan

Archived