Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

No Sun all week makes DrRobin v. sad (Ha 7/2/14)

DrRobin

Hi,

A busy week at work this week and no chance to do any solar imaging until this afternoon, when there has been lots of blue sky :laugh:   Not that we have had the weather for it either.  I only had enough time for a full disc 12 pane mosaic and didn't even get the proms, although they looked spectacular on the eastern limb.  The proms do show up on the full disc though :hello2:

No imaging for me tomorrow either, I am off to Astrofest and sailing on Sunday might mean no sun all weekend :embarassed:

Robin

Lunt 60 DS, 1.5x barlow, DMK41, 12 panes, 15% stacked from 600 frames per pane, Autostitch, Paint.net

Monochrome

Sun-7-2-14-Auto-b.jpg

False Colour

Sun-7-2-14-Auto-c.jpg

Inverted, then false colour

Sun-7-2-14-Auto-ic.jpg

Luke, suspiciously long packages sticking out of the top of my rucksack aren't going to go down well with the misses, I have just bought a [second hand] large chip CCD and USB filter wheel for night time and she is still reeling from the shock.

There again if I bought the big Lunt, perhaps if I kept it at work she would never notice?

Robin

Thanks Alexandra, we try to please.

Luke, Lunt 152 surveyed, but new Lunt available in limited quantities. It's a 9", weighs 35Kg and costs £30,000. Apparently Lunt Europe only got allocated 7 last year. Add that to the mount you need and it is serious money. I still like the look of Daystar filters, but they need F/30 to work correctly so only really useful for close ups.

Stuck at Heathrow now waiting for a plane which is late. Only possible advantage, we might see the northern lights from the plane, it looks like the aurora is building up tonight.

Robin

Luke, SXVR-H18. If I use 2x2 binding it will be great for my C11. I had gone down to look at a H16 or Atik 4000, but just looked at the 35mm CCD cameras at the show (more expense major). If the SX doesn't suit me then I will look to upgrade to a full frame next year. The H18 came up second hand at a fairly good price and matched with a USB filter wheel and narrow band filters (I already have LRGB) it was too good an opportunity to miss.

I am still hopefully of giving DSO imaging a good try this year, but the weather is hardly on my side.

Robin

Archived