Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First forays into solar animation: 25, 26, and 28 July 2013

How are you doing the captures Michael. Manually at the comp or sequencing with sofware

If you can keep the scope aligned and tracking well, Sharpcap will handle the capture sequence. All you will have to do is check the scope occasionally and process the results.

How are you doing the captures Michael. Manually at the comp or sequencing with sofware

If you can keep the scope aligned and tracking well, Sharpcap will handle the capture sequence. All you will have to do is check the scope occasionally and process the results.

My main problem is alignment. I use sharpcap's capture sequence tool to automate the capture, but I have had some trouble aligning during daytime. Should drift align I suppose, but I generally do not have the time (or patience :rolleyes:) for that. I have marked north more accurately in my temporary set up, and I hope that helps.

I see. Thats the same problem I had the other day. I have a new VX mount and hadn't had the chance to polar align it yet. When I took the captures for my animation the sun had drifted off line after about 45 mins. I've since polar aligned the mount and marked the spot, so I'll see what happens next time. I think Sharpcap is great for sequence shooting.

Archived