Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A Squatter in my Scope

r3i

I've just had to dismantle my RC OTA to evict a spider who'd made itself at home inside it and had begun to cover the mirror and criss-cross the tube with its web.

I guess it's just part of the joys of having an open tube design. My old SCT may have been a dew magnet but at least it was spider proof :smile:.

My guest was quite a small chap and had only managed to spread an array of fine threads rather than a full blown web.

Fortunately it was quite easy to remove the rear cell on the RC so if it happens again, it's no great hardship.

At least spiders in the UK are harmless and luckily I do not own an open framed 'scope here. If I did it could soon become home to the Redback, a sort of black widow with an England strip, not deadly but a nasty bite.

Normaly found in the garden but with winter coming in they like to move indoors.

Archived