Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Deep Sky Hunter - A new 14m DSO atlas

Michael11

Hello all,

I'm not a very active member, but I read SGL a lot, I thought there will be no harm reposting this, and share a new atlas I've assembled.

http://www.deepskywatch.com/deep-sky-hunter-atlas.html

This is a printable atlas for deep sky observing, which I've tried to make as clean and readable as possible. It has DSOs down to 14m and stars downto 10.2m, 21 "zoom in" charts, constellation lines, marked "best objects", navigation marks, index. There are 101 pages (+10 supplements), and the atlas was designed for printing on A3 paper (though you may find it useable on A4 as well). In any case print at high resolution (600dpi).

Example of Scorpius region:

deepsky-hunter-atlas-1.png

Part of close Virgo cluster close up chart:

deepsky-hunter-atlas-3.png

There is a download link at my site, and if it doesn't work for some reason - use a mirror link at the end.

Very good.....but....

i find with faint galaxies you need an even more detailed sheet to be sure you are looking in the right place...

so can you generate a selection of charts for mag 12 - 13.9 galaxies ....only joking..your atlas is the best dso atlas I have ever seen..

mark

I've made some minor updates and fixes to the whole atlas. Also all "SAC's best of NGC" objects are marked with a star (*), in addition to Messier, Caldwell and Herschel400 objects.

There are also two references:

1: List of DSOs down to magnitude 14 from SAC database, formatted for A3 - it basically includes almost all objects plotted in this atlas.

deepsky-object-list.png

2: List with images of chosen 700 DSOs, which include all the objects marked with a star in this atlas (among others)

dso-observing-guide-1.jpg

Can be downloaded from the same page: http://www.deepskywa...ative_downloads

Archived