Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Coming to a star party near you (SGL8).......

AstroTux

Wondering if I can slide this past without the admin staff noticing...... :grin: :grin: :icon_porc::icon_porc:

Linda ( SWMBO ) has just produced some 'starry' cakes to be enjoyed at SGL8, complete with astronomical themes. I have been told that you can only have one if you can identify the object on the cake ( and I'm the judge.... ), but they may also be used as bribes.

Here's a heads up so that you can start to see if you can name them.....

post-17616-0-51070900-1363217005_thumb.j

post-17616-0-32488600-1363217021_thumb.j

post-17616-0-14791600-1363217030_thumb.j

post-17616-0-73070400-1363217039_thumb.j

Please note, Linda has done a lot of work here ( yes it will probably only take a minute to undo ) but there are around fifty cakes here so if she wants to look through your big dob then you'd better comply.....

Alan

They're fun :D

I see lots of Orion and Taurus and a few Ursa Major/Minor, as well as Cassiopeia, Hercules and Auriga. I reckon I see the Coathanger too, and perhaps Kemble's Cascade, but I'm going out on a limb a bit there. Jupiter's obviously there and I fancy I can spot M13 and M57, but some of the others I might struggle with.

James

Sorry James, but I think you may have confused something ( not nearly as welcome ) for the Big Fella!!!

What's that one in the bottom image half way down the left hand side then? The one with two horizontal stripes?

James

What's that one in the bottom image half way down the left hand side then?

If I told you James then all those at SGL8 would know too, and that would give the game away. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Clue: Think of a recent event.....

Alan

I see the constellation 'Calorie' . Good job I'm not going to SGL8, I'd be at your table the entire time with a sky pocket atlas. om nom nom nom

Love a cake me :D you'd never tell from looking at me (high metabolism)

May have to drive up... :D

Archived