NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NEQ6-tuning kit

Gunnar

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, Gunnar - did it work OK?

Hi Daz.

I have not been able to try it yet because of bad weather. But as soon as the weather gets ok I'll test it in the field. At the moment it is all assembled in my garage. Height adjustment feels good and steady. I have also engraved in the numbers for the height scale and filled these with luminous color. Did well in the dark! It was scary to engrave the numbers by hand because they are only 3mm high, but I'm happy with the result. :smiley:

Some pictures,

The ring and the "Night Light" luminous color that I was using.

post-8202-0-28386900-1348778629_thumb.jp

post-8202-0-85204700-1348778686_thumb.jp

post-8202-0-35279100-1348778802_thumb.jp

so, for the heq5 pros do these these altitute adaptors fit?

Hi Kookoo!

Unfortunately, I do not think they fit into a EQ5. They're probably a little too big when EQ5 is smaller in size than the EQ6.

regards

Gunnar

possibly, but from memory I don't recall the HEQ5 Pro suffering the same problem

.................so Gunnar are these to be made available ? ;)

Yes Karlo, they are available. If interested send me a message. The latitude adjustment on these works well between Lat N50 ° and N70°(tested on my NEQ6) For lower than 50° or higher than 70° latitudes there is a need for another design on these. Remember they are particulary made for my own NEQ6 mount which is positioned at lat N59°.

Gunnar

Nice work, like the alt scale. I did think of having a local company make me some brass ones with lat scales on but the dosts were out of line.

Steve at FLO got me a spare one last time I need one. That reminds me.......

Nice work, like the alt scale. I did think of having a local company make me some brass ones with lat scales on but the dosts were out of line.

Steve at FLO got me a spare one last time I need one. That reminds me.......

Hi Asro_Baby!

I have plans trying to anodise the NEQ6 logo on the shiny lid later. And at the opposite side where the latitude scale sits there should be a text saying "improved inside" :smiley:

By the way, I used your stripdown/rebulild guide when I took apart my NEQ6 mount last week to lubricate and fine tune it. Moves very smooth and quiet after reassembly. I like your tutorials, especially the collimation guide helped me alot last season.

Thank you for great tutorials!

Gunnar.

• 2 months later...

Well I jumped in and bought one these alt adjust mod kits from Gunnar , who I have to say has been a gent throughout. The kit arrived quickly and was very reasonably priced :) I'd put off the job cos I've been seriously busy and just couldn't bare the idea of bringing the mount indoors only for it to sit there waiting and possibly missing out on a clear night.

So this kit has been sitting patiently since the the 17th Oct and finally yesterday with the mount being moved back from the tripod at the end of the garden to the pier I decided to bring it in, clean it , mod it and test the EQDir module I made up ( also sat dust collecting for ages)

I had overestimated the time needed for the mod big time !! the whole job took about an hour and all was done and cleaned up , the mount was/is sat on the tripod in the dining room ready to be put back on the pier. Simples ! A new high end tapping tool did make life easier, and TBH I had organised myself with all the tools required for the job to be gathered together but ... wow ! I am soo pleased with the result. I already had the "improved" alt adjust screws fitted but there was always a "slip" when the final alignment adjustment was reqd. This appears to have cured that hiccup and the feel of the alt adjustment is now sure and very positive- I can thoroughly recommend it !

Thanks Gunnar ! :)

Karlo

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

We think this is a good place to conclude this thread, before Gunnar finds himself on the wrong side of our rules regarding advertising and marketing at SGL. It has been fun watching the product mature and it certainly fulfils a need so we wish him and his business well. If anyone is interested in buying one of Gunnar's modifications please contact him direct.

Thank-you  :police:

Archived