NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Lagoon and Trifid - M8 & M20 - last night

Gina

Clear sky last night meant I could try out several bits of new kit. The focuser on my Evostar 80 ED DS Pro scope changed for a Baader SteelTrack - a far superior item which performed perfectly, with absolutely no slippage. Very pleased with that :) Camera TEC water cooling replaced with a large heat-pipe CPU air cooler and controlled with new Arduino set point cooling control which also performed perfectly :)

Lagoon and Trifid fit quite well on the 1100D image sensor with focal reducer. 23 lights of 180s at ISO 800 and 0C set point temperature. Stacked in DSS together with darks, flats and bias frames added and post processing with PS. I would have liked more data but the trees got in the way.

post-13131-0-71487500-1344703444_thumb.p

Fantastic work Gina :icon_salut: seeing your progress over the last year has been an inspiration to everyone I am sure. Great job, bet your pleased with that one why not have it made into a wall canvas like I did it would look great in your study. :smiley:

Thanks Mark :) Yes, I do feel my results have improved quite a bit in the last year, particularly in the processing :) But I've also improved the equipment and got guiding working in that time which makes a big difference. I think I'm beginning to get the hang of this business :D

As for this image, I'm quite pleased with it but feel there's some improvement still to be made. I guess my ambitions have increased too :D I still have several techniques to apply with PS, which I find to be a fantastic application. I have been thinking of printing out some of my better efforts :)

P>S> Vish I cud tipe!

Did you manage to rig up a motor to your SteelTrack in the end?

No, not yet. The timing belt I've got isn't quite the right pitch. It seems to fit over a few teeth but not all the way round - I need to measure the pitch of the Steeltrack. The belt I have is a T2.5 - 2.5mm pitch and 6mm wide. The width is right but the pitch slightly out.

Archived