Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

clear skies

Adamski

I know it's only been 6 nights since i last viewed but it felt like an eternity. I've just got set up and waiting for dark. before the clouds came i felt like i was just starting to get used to my scope properly, collimation and knowing where to look for a few things was making life more enjoyable. Can't wait for kids to go to bed so i can slope off outside. I feel i need to chat on sgl because no one else in the family is interested. there, i've got it off my chest.

cheers

Adamski

Adamski, - I live 60miles west of you and skies here are crystal clear. Give it an hour and I'm sure it will be clear over Plymouth.

Ps, my wife and family have little interest in Astronomy, my wife is always calling me back into the house to watch trashy tv!

It's like a guilty pleasure isn't it :)

Glad to hear you are enjoying your scope, the precious few clear nights are all the more appreciated I think thanks to all the cloudy ones.

Tim

The weather is the one thing we cant control , you will find that when ever you have planned to do something other than astronomy you will have clear skies and visa versa. its sods law.

P.s dont worry my wife calls me a geek. :)

Regards

Ben

yes mate tis 150pl. I like it cos the scope i had before was a toy tasco,managed to see jupiter and mars with it though. still getting used to the 150pl but i've seen a few goodies so far,jupiter, saturn, mercury, hercules globular, andromeda and a couple in ursa major. since collimating properly i kinda had to start over again with more precise focusing. I still need to learn how to use Ra and DEC as the instructions are not very clear. How are you finding yours?

Adamski

To be honest adamski im still getting used to it myself...its true what everybody says about the wobbly issue with this scope thats my only negative...oh and the latitude bolts!!

Other than that im loving it!...have only seen the moon up close and saturn so far since having it and i dont know really where to begin with galaxys as im still very much learning the skys and constelations (its hard work isnt it!)

Archived