Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

tried to flash my spc880 think i mucked it up help anyone

:oyea decided to give it ago myself and think i messed it up used wcrmac unsure what i have done, but i think the stage where you click to save current may have not worked , now the webcam doesnt seem to be recognised as a webcam at all by wcrmac or windows . i cant find an option to load into wcrmac the file to make the cam know what it is ie return it to 880 or make it a 900.

sorry for long winded post only way i cud describe it, wish i had left it as a 880 pics werent great but at least i could get some icon_redface.gif any advice greatly accepted if this cam can be saved or is it dead. icon_e_sad.gif

cheers guys.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does the WCRmac software detect the camera at all ?

If so then you should still be able to load either an original binary back into the camera or upload the 900 firmware. This will only on XP for a 880 camera. IF you have installed the WCRmac on Vista or W7 then it won't detect the camera unless it's flashed to a 900

Yeah but at that point it was an 880, it's not any more. The fact it's an unknown device says its functioning but needs drivers. I'll bet you flashed it a 900 and need to install the specific 900 drivers. It'll then reappear.

Try downloading the drivers as follows:

Go to the Philips website to download the SPC900NC/00 camera application:

http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/s/spc900nc_00/spc900nc_00_dw7_eng.exe

For Vista 64-bit, use this link and file:

http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/s/spc900nc_00/spc900nc_00_dwv_eng.exe

Right-click on the “Unknown device” entry.

article_clip_image017.jpg

Select “Update Driver Software”. Now you will tell Windows 7 just where to find the drivers.

article_clip_image019.jpg

Click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

article_clip_image021.jpg

Then click on “Pick from a List”, then Next.

article_clip_image023.jpg

The driver is under Sound, video and game controllers. Highlight it and click Next.

article_clip_image025.jpg

Find and select Philips CE CSI on the left list and Philips SPC 900NC PC Camera on the right list. Click Next.

Another warning message comes up. Click Yes.

article_clip_image026.jpg

The drivers will be installed.

article_clip_image028.jpg

Finally a window will come up confirming that the drivers for the Philips Camera are installed on your PC. Click Close.

article_clip_image030.jpg

DEVICE MANAGER will now show the camera under Sound, video and game controllers.

article_clip_image031.jpg

Close the DEVICE MANAGER window.

Open up Sharpcap or any other web cam software and test

right i installed the driver it opens up philips etc little pic of cam in taskbar plug in cam and xp says found new device i then go to install from specific location but dont know where to go from there

sorry for being a pain guys

when i go control panel/add new hardware it is in list with ! on it click next and it says this device cannot start (code 10). i believe i have removed the program or whatever it is inside the cam with the wcrmac program and now there is no way of getting it back in or getting the 900 in :):mad:

So if you open up device manager, select the device and then choose to update the driver, then manually browse through to the sound, video and game controllers is the device shown under that heading ?

Code 10 is a generic fault code, used when windows hasn't a clue. Usually when you don't have a driver or the wrong one. The fact that it is asking for a driver as an unknown device is good. If it was flash wiped it would just be doa. Maybe you could try it in a newer OS, Windows 7 and see if it loads a generic driver?

Archived