Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

tried to flash my spc880 think i mucked it up help anyone

on my xp laptop it seems to be seeing the cam as a spcn900 webcam (microphone) . on my vista pc i just plugged it in didnt even download a driver and it worked totaly confused :):(

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
on my xp laptop it seems to be seeing the cam as a spcn900 webcam (microphone) . on my vista pc i just plugged it in didnt even download a driver and it worked totaly confused :):(

Why confused? It's doing exactly as you'd expect. Vista et al have generic drivers or gets them. Some good, some bad, but the OS does its best to use the device. XP doesn't have the same driver support. As I said when you flashed it, it became a different device. Now you've probably managed to register the wrong driver against it. You need to uninstall all the drivers in XP, clean them out. Reboot, reinstall the new drivers and start again.

i removed all drivers and reinstalled control panel/system/hardare/devices etc must have done this 10 times and still in the list it could only find philips spc900 webcam (microphone ) as before this didnt work.

then last night i thought i would give one more try did the same thing but with cam plugged into different usb port. this time in the list it found

1) philips spc 900 webcam

2) philips spc 900 webcam (microphone)

highlighted no 1 and clicked next and all installed fine,:).

unsure what i did but the usb port must have had some bearing on it. very happy now, apart from the fact i wasted my 4 nights off work trying to sort it :eek:.

thanks for your help:icon_salut:

Archived