NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Getting a carry bag for a explorer 150pl

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just found a JMI soft padded bag, 3810C on ebay, supposed to be new for a little less than half price off other retail sites. Wooooohoooo. It has max length 38 in and 10 in diameter.

• 1 year later...
That's exactly what I use for my 150P but it would be too short for the 150PL. I bought mine from my local sports shop for £23.

Re the 'cricketers coffin' (never heard of one before today!) Is that just for the OTA or tripod and mount? And, how do you protect it in the case? Do you have any pictures of how it fits in (could you post one?).

Mark

Re the 'cricketers coffin' (never heard of one before today!) Is that just for the OTA or tripod and mount? And, how do you protect it in the case? Do you have any pictures of how it fits in (could you post one?).

Mark

Holds just OTA complete with Telrad and RACI. As for protection I put a wadge of bubble wrap in the bottom and wrap the scope with some too.

I'll try and get some pics up later (probably in the morning).

Continuing the sports bag theme, I have just bought a hockey kit bag to transport my gear. The Mak-90 goes into its own camera bag. Everything else goes into a hockey kit bag that I can carry on my back. That's EQ1 mount & tripod, 10x50 bins, tripod and monopod for bins, books, torches, extra warm clothes, flask of soup and snacks. Everything I need for a good night out and I can carry it up a big hill if I want to.

There would be room in the hockey bag for a long refractor, although some surgery to the internal partitions might be necessary to fit in a reflector.

Archived