Yes, yet another M42.. "cant help it, it's beautiful" (scene from Bugs life lol)

Vega

I know... everyone's at it.. but it's no wonder why. Like the hilarious scene from A bugs life...

Fly 1 watching his friend in horror: "Dont look at the light..."

Fly 2 floating slowly towards an ultraviolet fly zapper "I can't help it.... it's beauuutifuuul" :rolleyes:

3 light frames. 1, 2 & 3 minute exposures at ISO 1800 (no darks). Canon EOS & Evostar 120 frac. My first imagesPlus stack. Focussing and polar alignemnt not fantastic :?

tn_m42_combined.jpg

Vega

Thats a real good un there mate i bet your chuffed with that. Im beginning to think im gonna have to invest in this imagesplus malarky. How do you find using it compared to the free stackers?

Andy

Tried the trial version... was as lost as a legg-less sheep on the moon! lol

When full version arrived, I watched a couple of the informative tutorials on the supplied CD's and things became more clear. Worked absolute magic on my M42 pic. (you should have seen the original converted RAW files.. nothing like the detail I eventually produced).

Havent tried the auto/remote DSLR functions to use my Canon EOS with yet.. that my next task

Overall so far.. daunting software at first but very very impressed now I know my way round it a bit more.

Vega

Did a quick tweak in Paintshop Pro, more natural colours now. I used my single 3 minute exposure as a guide to get the stacked version as close as possible.

I like to have my pics as natural as possible.. whatever that is... thinking about it, natural to the naked eye would mean it has to be grey :rolleyes:

Matt

Archived