Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

second attempt with DMK41

mattifor

this is my second attempt with new DMK41 mono still having difficulties getting what I can see through eyepiece captured with DMK41 Lunt 60 bf1200, any advice as to settings etc would be appreciated

post-14433-133877562755_thumb.jpg

I use a double stack so the exposures are different. For the DMK41 I and an f20 system I have gain set around 300 and exposures of 1/120s for the surface and up to 1/11s for the proms.

Have you tried with a x2.5 barlow?

You can use a cheap focal reducer to get the whole disk... though this will reduce the resolution, it does mean the exposures can be further reduced. I find that my DMK41 allows me to see surface contrast a lot more easily than I can by eye. The proms need a much longer exposure and I am currently learning how to get a balance between seeing the faint feathery detail in proms, whilst not over-exposing them too much close to the disk.

Keep the exposure as quick as you can without having to use too much gain. I attach a recent shot I took through my singlestack LS60 and DMK41, just been put through Registax6 with default settings and then a (careful) bit of wavelets at the end. Keep practising, your kit will deliver the goods!! I've not attempted to blend the disk and proms yet either.

All the best

PEter

post-13305-133877565525_thumb.jpg

Archived