Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Took this image over the last few nights, lots of light pollution, can anyone tell me if iv'e captured enough detail, the subs are 300sec about 30 of them processed in deep sky stacker, about 20 darks and 10 flats,canon 350d

i dont know how to draw out the detail if it's there, it's only my 3rd imaging attempt.

Ray :D

post-13801-13387756218_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys, i knew more could be dragged from it and quickly too judging by the quick replies.

i'm still a bit dissapointed though, there's a lot of time in this image; with lights darks and flats.

am i expecting too much with my humble 200mm f/4.3 reflector?

is this scope suited to the spring galaxies, i have my f/9 vixen 102fl

that i dont use imaging wise, could this be a better choice?

Ray:icon_scratch:

Just a little clarification..i'm not dissapointed with your efforts guy's, you have drawn more out than i have.

but it's hours of work and i wondered if the light pollution has robbed me of detail, would a filter help??

ray

Might be worth taking a LOT more shorter subs - say 120 sec and trying them. You need to get the signal/light pollution ratio under control rather than signal/noise!!! :D Certainly a light pollution filter will help - you may have to find the "right" one for your particular pollution - most astro shops will oblige and will let you return a no-gooder if you ask them.

Cheers guy's i'll try the shorter subs, the pollution is comming from a level crossing about 100yd's away yellow sodium i think.

the advise is very appreiciated and i'll take it on board.

Just another question..what are the (i'll call them artifacts) curves sweeps in the image?

Ray

Archived