Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn 1st Sight

Fenriz

OMG!

Well just seen Saturn for the first time, and all I can say is WOW!!! also think 3 or 4 moons were visible too. I am totally buzzin, was using the standard 10mm + x2 Barlow that can with the scope. I will be looking to buy some Hyperion EPs, would you recommend the 8mm for planetary observations.

Just disappointed that FLO is out of stock of the dual axis motors till end of next week, as it was fly through the FOV so fast I had to keep adjusting the RA/Dec knobs I couldn't fully enjoy it.

But that being said, I am totally chuffed.

well done on your first view of Saturn ! it`s a real amazing sight.

as for the hyperions, i have the 21mm version but i`ve been told and understand that they may be suited to a bigger focal ratio i.e. f10 but i`ve used them on f5 scopes and to me they do a good job with great field of view

Me too!!! I had to wait til it was a bit earlier in the night and also a bit warmer! I was amazed at the rings. I was also blown away the first night i set the scope up and saw Jupiter & 4 of it's moons

It truly is amazing what is visible from 1bn miles away. I'd love to able to see it better hence thinking about the 8mm Hyperion together with the x2 barlow would give me x250mag rather than the x200 used tonight, would I get a significant improvement?

i had my first view of saturn tonight too, big wow, its stunning, but very small in my scope. very bright though.

the first object i looked at was the moon, well its easy to find, the views of the seas and craters was stunning but very very bright.

damn looking through a telescope is hard work, im all squiffy eyed now, and i took regular breaks. navigating is tough and im beginning to wish id bought a GOTO scope, at least that would give me a chance to see some DSO's but over all im well chuffed with my first nights viewing.

Me too!!!:D

Looks like last night was a good night for saturn spotting.

I attended a local astro group meeting last night, (my first one), and had the priviledge of being able to view through the society's scopes.

Saturn was stunning!! Small, but perfectly formed. I never thought the rings would be so visible!

I was pretty blown away by the moon too..(and I hadn't really been interested in the moon before then :rolleyes:. I am now!!)

Can't wait for my next viewing! (Hopefully with my own scope!)

Finished off my night of fuzzy hunting with a view of Saturn and I have to say it was by far the highlight of the evening!

Actually the first view of it with the 10" Dob. great to see tilted rings and 5 moons: Titan, Rhea, Tethys, Enceladus and Iapetus.

And the best bit: realising that without doubt you've just seen the Cassini Division

A

Archived