NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn and moons April 6th Skymax 127 mak

bigal1

Hi all thought i'd post my results from lastnight , although there was no cloud the seeing conditions was not the best so decided to drop the magnification and try get some images with the moons on ( a leaf out of James's book :icon_eek: ) . The Gear as usual was a Skymax 127mm mak scope 2x barlow + extension tube and an spc 900nc webcam , all images were around 2500 frames stacked .

Regards Alan

post-18835-133877558897_thumb.jpg

post-18835-133877558901_thumb.jpg

post-18835-133877558904_thumb.jpg

great stuff Alan glad to hear i helped u bag a few moons :rolleyes:

what i cant understand is i have try'd few times now and never managed to get Enceladus or Hyperion lol

i was beginning to think they were out of reach with spc cam maybe just too dim, but obviously not :icon_eek:

how many did u notice when capturing ? and what kind of settings were u using ?

great pics

thx James

While capturing i could make out titan rhea and hints of dione the other 3 did not show until stacking , hyperion was the faintest of blobs so levels were boosted a bit more on that 1 to make it show a better . For settings i think i more or less maxed out brightness gain and sat but i took that many testing out levels i cannot be sure , i know the planet was blown out big time lol .

Archived