Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 4565 Coma Berenices

astro mick

I like this, but can't help thinking that more data would really benefit it's clarity and noisey background. There's some big dark circle bits over the background - Did you use the clone or healing brush tool?

Sara - those look like dust particles on the optics/camera sensor.

Only question - did you refocus for blue filter? Looking at the stars it looks like the blue is getting a little out of focus - it could be down to thermal changes over the session (assuming blue was last).

Hi Guys.

Really appreciate your input,and thanks for looking.

I have to say,i,m not really chasing perfection,and my skills certainly would not run to that.

Its just nice when things go well on an observing session,and to me a fairly decent image appears.(Magic)

However i have tried to smoth it a little bit,what do think? Better of Worse.

Mick

post-17080-133877558754_thumb.jpg

Hi Martin.

I honestly cant see any dust doughnuts on my images,you and Sara obviously can.How srange.

Mick.

I think it depends on the monitor. My laptop shows distinct background circles whereas my NEC monitor (on photo mode) doesn't.

Mick

Try upping the brightness on your monitor. Changing mine from 50 to 70 changes it from a neat black background, to a lot of red 'haze' in the centre part with distinct black circles.

That said, I prefer my monitor on the darker setting usually and with that I think it is a great pic of one of my favorite galaxies.

Archived