NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturday night image M81 & M82 from SGL6

RikM

I am quite happy to have got anything over the weekend I had at SGL6. The wind put Friday nights effort right out :rolleyes: and most of Saturday's subs were very fuzzy because of dew :icon_eek:. Aside from imaging gripes, I had a fab weekend and loved every minute of it. Can't wait for next year.

I managed to keep a little over half an hour's worth of 90sec unguided subs. I shot a set of darks and stacked in a master bias.

Captured in APT, stacked in DSS, processing was using Canon Photo pro (curves and noise reduction) and Photoshop elements 7 (levels and saturation).

I love galaxy images and I only hope that one day I can get the same level of sharpness and detail some of you manage to capture.

post-18573-133877557489_thumb.jpg

Rik was it you that I was chatting to sat outside your tent in Buzzard 45/46ish?

If it was Sorry I didn't get a chance to say hi on Sunday morning....I slept late and most of the site had gone when we got up after (ahem...late!) lunchtime.

Those look great given the conditions. I guess Dew bands will be on your christmas/birthday list then!

Still, it's amazing what you can get out of pretty short subs though....well done!

Yes, that was me cursing the dew on Buzzard 48.

Dew bands or at least a 12v hair drier are at the top of my shopping list. I might have look at tarrarium tapes or spider mats, as they seem to be much the same thing only a lot cheaper.

Not quite sure where to fit them on a Newtonian though :icon_eek:

A fine result Rik. It wasn't easy imaging in blustery conditions, but you managed a very creditable image despite the difficulties, so well done. The difference between good an Wow!, is only time and experience.:icon_eek:

Ron.

Very good - especially with the wind!

Good to know you got the wifey approval on the EQ6 :icon_eek:

He he...thanks for your help with that Nick :rolleyes: Just need to keep stashing away the pennies now.

Archived