Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Drop-ship Tastic Scope Hunt.

Earl

I called around today looking for a ST80 EQ1 package, and not one single retailer had one in stock, they all drop-ship.

Of course a hand full of retailers hand some ringing going on in the room, but could not either a) not work out what it was or :icon_eek: were unable to find the phone.

Well I made my purchase in the end from a retailer who thinks its "mad" (real quote) to have the things they sell in stock.......

Probably not related but i noticed a lot of the electrical retailers are the same, came to the conclusion that they don`t want expensive stock sitting not moving as it`s dead money. Could be wrong;)

Okay, i must be too into sci-fi. Am i the only one that 'drop ship' means something completely different to? :icon_eek:

I'm always disappointed when the item turns up in a white transit van and not some kind of Shuttle craft bristling with lasers and full of space marines!

I'm always disappointed when the item turns up in a white transit van and not some kind of Shuttle craft bristling with lasers and full of space marines!

LOL or a Drop Pod :icon_eek:

It's the way of the world. Fewer and fewer businesses have enough working capital or incentive to invest in stock in the first place, but once you start moving items from place to place, not only do you risk damaging them in transit, but you start to rack up an unnecessary fuel bill, unnecessary CO emissions, and unnecessary man hours, all of which then combine to create an unnecessary price rise.

The less things have to move, the better in many ways. Lower risk and lower costs permit a lower price to the end user. As a shop manager with over £150k worth of spoilable stock I get quite envious of retailers who can do it all over the phone!

Archived