Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

2nd Saturn attempt.

JB80

This is my 2nd go at Saturn from a couple of weeks back and I have finally had a quick play so I will probably try again later too. I tried to change the setting with the avi to try and get less of the red effect.

One thing I have noticed with both attempts is I get this blueish tinge to the top of Saturn, is that normal or something to do with processing?

It was taken with the SPC 900, sharpcap and my Skywatcher 150PL.

I am putting the avi on youtube if anyone want's to have a go, just let me know and I'll give the link when it's up.

post-21042-133877556985_thumb.jpg

No I haven't tried that yet, seeing as I have been manual tracking a barlow is just going to make it harder. I want to try and have a rough idea of what I'm doing first before I try a barlow.

The weather hasn't been too bad lately here the nights are warming up which is a bonus, but I have had other things going on and a good bout of the lazy's so I haven't accomplished much.

I'll give that a try next I think then I don't think I did that with the first one either, this was just a quick stack and moved the wavelets sliders and I didn't do a lot in PS either. I'm still learning it all really.

Here is the link, it's only just gone up it's a bit shakey in parts. To be fair I should of edited it first before running it through castrator and cleaned it up a bit.

So it's a bit rough. :icon_eek:

Pebbles , great image mate! Just watched your YouTube video, I take it you have used motors to keep Saturn so still in the field of view? I have the 150p and your images show mine to shame!

I've only managed around 19 frames stacked and my final image is nowhere near as goog as yours, well done

Jay :icon_eek:

Thankyou :icon_eek:

Nope, I haven't tried the motors out yet, I try my best to keep Saturn on screen manually turning the knobs to get a few minutes of footage and then I use castrator which is a program that centres the planet for you. It is fairly easy to use and free it can be found here.

Webcam Astrophotography by Emil Kraaikamp - Castrator

After that has been centred I then use registax. It is a top little program to use and definitely worth downloading.

The tricky part is keeping saturn on screen without to much shaking.

Will look into castrator , on my phone at the minute. After watching your video I was amazed at how steady and centred Saturn was and to think you have not used a motor I'm amazed! I'm new to this but surprised I have nor heard of the programme before! Again great images and even more so with no motors I know how much Ssturn moves without motors!!

Jay

:icon_eek:

Yeah, i suppose it does compress it a bit I didn't think of that. Is there another place to upload it without compressing it. Maybe megaupload or something?

Anyway I'm going to edit the avi and remove the shaking and off screen frames when I get some time, that might improve things slightly.

I'm fairly sure I did use auto white balance, next time I will try without then. Trial and error I guess, it's fun :icon_eek:

Archived