Excited!

Hi scarlett! I'm using Sharpcap to capture and Registax to umm stack lol. I had a beautiful clear sky last night so went out about 10.30 when Saturn was high and tried the Philips SPC880/900 and must say I was quite disappointed with the results. I had a x2 barlow lens in the nose piece and slid the camera into an additional x2.5 barlow to achieve a reasonable size but still cant see any detail particularly and the webcam doesnt seem any better than the cmos one I had previously converted, maybe slightly worse actually....

Does anyone have any tips at all or is it a combination of smallish scope + light pollution (am in town)?

I have attached 2 pics, one from each cam. One on the left is the cmos cam.

Andy - that is not bad at all especially for a first go with the webcam (I assume you captured as AVI) ?

Am sure someone will pop in & advise, but I think you may have the same challenges as me - finding the right setting for this, to get the best from it.

Thanks and yes I'm fiddling with settings, barlows etc to see what works best, does anyone know if an IR filter will help? I'm starting to suspect that it might simply be limitations of my scope as my collimation is spot on and star tested etc.

Help please image gurus!

Archived