NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn March 18th reprocess

Space Cowboy

Been having a another play with image analyzer. Experimented on one of my yellow Saturns. Split the colour image into rgb then used deconvolution on each channel, re-combined and ran through deconvolution again. Also upscaled 125%. Anyhow it's no longer yellow and its bigger lol Does seem to show the storm more.

space-cowboy-albums-saturn-picture10177-combined-new0001-saturn-18th-yellow-flip.png

Good job Stuart :):icon_salut:- that is the essence of mono image methodology and I used the selfsame routine when I had my DBK21 colour cam.....by working on the colour channels individually after opening and upsizing them you get to apply another decon process after the rgb combine - by upscaling when you first open in A/image it also helps find optimum curve width and reiteration numbers.....and if you don't push too hard therein when you do the recombine you can still pull some more improvements through another decon - and smooth the image by carefully choosing the c/w and reiterations (usually no more than 3 re-its.....

Nice work Stuart, it looks like you have finally beaten the yellow into submission. I have yet to see what image analyser can do for my Saturn images. Do you use any other software apart from IA to process the stacked image?

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks for the extra tips K Man I'm trying to get a bit more sophisticated with my processing rather than the standard registax stuff. I came across this tutorial a couple of days ago which I've loosely followed

Planetary Imaging and Image Processing - IceInSpace

Some interesting software on there Chris. Gimp is another I try but have yet to get the grasp of properly.

Yes I have managed to slay the yellow but the colour is still way off.....if only I'd not used auto wb on capture and adjusted the colour sliders. The focus is definetly off too as cassini is rather coarse if you compare with the more refined image I did on March 14th : http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-planetary/134764-saturn-march-14th-auto-dob-final-process.html

.....if only I'd not used auto wb on capture and adjusted the colour sliders. The focus is definetly off too as cassini is rather coarse if you compare with the more refined image I did on March 14th

You might have hit it on the head there Stuart - imho awb is never the path to adopt (especially with Saturn)

I't just not a bright enough target in my opinion for it to be able to make an appraisal using the awb function.....much better to manually adjust and approximate the colour onscreen,:)

Archived