Tonights Images

Kain

Ok first night ever where I have been actaully able to image DSO thanks to ring thing that came yesterday!

I have taken a load, but that Registax thing just left me scratching my head thinking hmm..

Anyway firstly M42

image.jpg

image.jpg

And Saturn. I may as well stick them here, as they aint great, but I am mega pleased as before I used to just get a nasty streak!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

This was just a 10 sec exposure to see how much info it would pick up, pointless really

image.jpg

Over the moon litrally with what I have done tonight, it's a first step in the right direction

Kain

You sound surprised CC? Is it hard to image from a dob?

I'm abit annoyed at the focusing of the camera is just out on the Saturn pictures! I had to focus the camera as Saturn raced across the FoV.

I'm now thinking of buying a small scope with a motor drive ob it. I like this imaging stuff!

I'l try another stacking program, I have all the bits but no idea how to use it!

Kain

I'm abit annoyed at the focusing of the camera is just out on the Saturn pictures! I had to focus the camera as Saturn raced across the FoV.

I'm now thinking of buying a small scope with a motor drive ob it. I like this imaging stuff!

I'l try another stacking program, I have all the bits but no idea how to use it!

Kain

Of course its hard from a Dob. There's (usually) no tracking so everything smears all over the place. Long exposures just weren't meant to be done on a mount with no tracking.

Deep Sky Stacker

http://deepskystacker.free.fr/english/index.html

HTH

Captain Chaos

This was just a 10 sec exposure to see how much info it would pick up, pointless really

:rolleyes: heehee - great pun!

Seriously Kain, those are nice pics from a dob. I haven't dared to image again since my awful lunar prime focus results, but once I've got my alignment and focus sorted, I'll be trying to achieve what you have with these.

Andrew

Understatment of of the year Kain, it's so much easier when you have the object just sitting in your sights as you adjust your settings,,,, :rolleyes:

Cracking pics though, the M42s were my favourites. :wink:

Archived