Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Best DSLR Under £500?

If you hunt about you can get a second hand 550D in good nick for that sort of money. That's the camera I'm currently lusting after.

Canons seem a good buy second hand. They seem very reliable if looked after (most I imagine will be, as they can be quite expensive new). I bought one and a couple of friends around the same time (not 550d but all canons). Mines about 5 years old and still going strong.

Just picked up a Canon 450D on Ebay for £180. Could have got the 1000D for almost the same but the 450D is a superior (i need mine for daytime use as well) camera in every way. So well worth hunting out a 450D if money is short or you want to keep some money back for a better lens.

Also keep an eye out for some good deals on the 500D. It's an obsolete camera now, so could be some good close out deals to be had while stocks last.

Plus the 550D is being downgraded to a more budget level to make way for the 600D, so could be some good deals there too.

Also some shifting at the budget end to make room for the 1100D. Could make for some interesting prices on the 1000D for a while.

Archived