NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Deep Rosette (Hybrid 8300 on 8" F/2.8)

Boren

Thanks Hamiclar01!

I am happy you liked it. Just noting - I just returned form the desert, and though the first night was heavenly (and my guiding was off :-)) the second night was just horrible in seeing. Clear skies without a shred of cloud, but very little stars to see... and then, of course, my guiding was per-fect !!!

Cheers,

Harel

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Uranium :-)

The PowerNewt was designed to be the absoutely least-expensive option for two types of users:

Those whose weather conditions are such, that don't allow them much imaging time (which is solved by F2.8 with a nice aperture); and
Those who live in light polluted areas, which cause them to travel far (and expensive...) to darker locations for a clear sky - and consequently have little time to image (again - sloved by F2.8 with a nice aperture).
It's of course nice to have a strong S/N regardless, but was nowhere near the main consideration.

Comparative systems start at more than twice the price. You can't imagiine how much thought is being put into cutting costs while maintaining key quality and performence attributes. It's meant to be a system for the average person with love for astronomy (like us) B). The rich guys have lots of other options (e.g. I'll prefer a 24" F8 RC on moutaintop pier over the PowerNewt any day, I must admit).

Cheers,

Harel :)

Archived