Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

QHY5 with EQMOD & PHD config clarification

Sp@ce_d

At last a bit of clear sky last night so tried using my new QHY5 with (for the first time outside!) EQMOD, PHD & CDC. so on a bit of a learning curve for all of these at the moment.

Now, I am a bit unclear as to whether I should be using the ST4 or pulse guiding with the QHY5? I tried this with the ST4 port connected but was I really using it or was it pulse guiding? I ask this because I seem to recall reading somewhere that if you choose the ascom v5 camera and then select QHY5 in PHD it uses pulse guiding method.

However I don't see an alternative "QHY" to select instead of Ascom v5 camera?

Actually, I dont mind which way I do it as long as it works, just making sure by having both connected I'm not complicating things whilst I try and get those wavy red and blue lines.. :hello2: in the PHD graph a bit closer to the centre line. :hello2:

It seems to work but wind & probably balance wasn't helping so I want to make sure I've got this right.

I'm using EQdir with NEQ6, so no handset connected.

Select "On mount" in PHD. Under camera, select "Ascom camera"...this will pop up the Ascom Driver and you select QHY Ascom in the drop down. Make sure the ST4 cable is connected to camera and mount.

Thats what I do, and it seems to work OK.

Archived