Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help please.

I have a 12'' meade light bridge, when i try and use my 15mm EP it just wont focus, iv'e been told i need an extension tube but i'm not sure which size to get, going through Ebay they have 35mm/50mm/80mm, i'd hate to end up buying 2 of them if i choose the wrong one.

Also, how much will these extension tubes effect my viewing quality? (if at all), i also plan on using a 4mm/12.5mm EP in future.

Hi, unfortunately i do not have the knowledge or experience to answer your question, but hopefully someone will soon! but remember its 4.50 am in the UK now so everyone is *hopefully* in bed lol

Take care

try carefully drawing the eyepiece back (even out of the drawtube completely) to see how far back you need go to reach focus.

i think the draw tube isnt going down far enough, it starts clearing but then stops when it cant go down any further.

seams like a pretty big issue if a scope of that quality cant run a 15mm EP or smaller, i phoned the shop i bought it from and spoke to a different sales rep and he seamed to know exactly what i was saying and suggested the smaller ex tube, but if i go with that will i need another for smaller EPs?. sorry guys, im a complete noob lol.

I'm thinking ive stuffed up the colmination or the scopes faulty, the 25mm works a treat, TBH im not sure what an ex tube will do if the focuser isnt drawing in far enough.

oh, if you havent got enough in-focus then a low profile focuser might help but then you dont need an extension tube at all...? usually, most e/ps will come to focus in most supplied focusers without needing extension tubes or low profile focusers.

oh, if you havent got enough in-focus then a low profile focuser might help but then you dont need an extension tube at all...? usually, most e/ps will come to focus in most supplied focusers without needing extension tubes or low profile focusers.

I havnt played around with this scope a lot, but it came with a 2'' 35mm extender, maybe i need to take that off, that's one thing i havnt tried anyway, i'll give it a go hopefully over the next few days (raining here for a while i think), that's for your help.

I used to have a 12" Lightbridge. Most eyepieces I tried would come to focus OK but that was with no extender - just the focuser tube. The exception was the 26mm QX eyepiece that comes with the scope - that was nearly hanging out of the focusser tube to get to focus - that might be why yours has a 35mm extension - it means that the 26mm comes to focus but others now won't.

I used to have a 12" Lightbridge. Most eyepieces I tried would come to focus OK but that was with no extender - just the focuser tube. The exception was the 26mm QX eyepiece that comes with the scope - that was nearly hanging out of the focusser tube to get to focus - that might be why yours has a 35mm extension - it means that the 26mm comes to focus but others now won't.

Yeah that's what im thinking now, i didnt even notice the extender untill i had a good look about an hour ago, i bought the scope green as grass TBH, i walked into the shop expecting to pick up a celestron 6" and walked out with a 12'' light bridge lol.

Archived