NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Anyone seen the sun today?

Andrew*

It's getting a bit low to get a look now, but I was wondering how the activity has been today. Anything good?

Spaceweather says there's been a rather interesting filament which might go pop - have you seen it?

Andrew

Get watching NOW if you can - the southern prom is magnificent and just lifting off.

At 12.00 GMT Sat 19th, this prominence extended about 20%

of the Solar diameter away from the limb, in a huge arch. But

by 12.20 had sadly faded to invisibility...........Ed.

That sounds super! I got out as soon as I saw this message (1.30pm) and there was a nice prom on the southwest limb, a medium-size, bright double loop. Within 20 minutes it had got quite a bit smaller, and was no longer "loopy". Is this the one you were referring to? By the sounds of things it was quite a mover, and I am seeing the tail end of it.

No sign of that streaking filament in the north east though, except for a very small one.

Oh, and there seems to be a small sunspot developing centre south too, but it doesn't seem to have been named yet.

Andrew

there was a nice prom on the southwest limb, a medium-size, bright double loop. Is this the one you were referring to? By the sounds of things it was quite a mover, and I am seeing the tail end of it. Andrew

Yes, that's the one, was watching it from 10.00 today (Sat) on and

off till 12.30. As you say, it was quite a mover, and spectacular at

it's max..................Ed.

Archived