Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wanna be on telly?

astroimpulse

There's an ad on UKAB&S from a production company looking for people to take part in what looks like an interesting concept for a program.

Would love to do it but my garden is a building site atm.

U.K. Astronomy Buy & Sell

Thought I'd just let you lot know as there's some on here who should be on telly :(

ps. Also don't want the people around me know what I've got :o

Don't see why not :o

Sounds like a great concept. Newbies and experienced guys. Equipment reviews. Wonder who they're pitching it to :(

I reckon CH4 or SKY as they'll want a piece of the Astro pie after seeing the stargazing night do well.

Found this on the production companies website, look very interesting :o:(:)

The Practical Astronomer

Why would anyone wish to stay outside in the middle of the winter freezing looking up to the heavens. What can you see that you can't find in a book or on the net.

The colourful characters which are involved in the hobby, some very sensible from various backgrounds to the near clinically insane.

This program is back to roots , helping how to use a telescope, how much do they cost, what can you really see, how to read the star patterns. With the increase in computer power and ccd camera equipment today the amateur astronomer can compete with the proffesional on a one to one level With the number of children taking GCSE in astronomy has quote ( rocketed) and with 6 million viewers watching BBC's The Solar System.A practicle approach to the subject is needed. This would encourage families to go out into their gardens to explore what is above them, similar in style to nature watch.

LOL , a chance for all those Brian Cox knockers to put their money where their mouths are

I'll take the bait. The problem is that I happen to think that TV is a bad medium for what we do. TV encourages spectating, our hobby is all about going out there and doing it.

Archived