NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Handset problem any ideas? HELP!!!

magician

Can anybody help me out? The HEQ5 mount is not obeying the handset,when I plug it in the LED comes on and changes colour when RA or Dec buttons are pressed as is normal, but the motors don't seem to be engaged, I've checked the clamps, and they seem to be alright i.e. tight enough,and I can hear a motor running as if its tracking, but no movement in RA or Dec, would be grateful for any thoughts,the tank is full of juice ,that was the first thing I checked, what do you think?

Thanks Frank

Frank

Most of the problems I've come across were down to not enough power.

Even though you charged your power tank up, are you sure it's actually full?

If neither motor is moving then it's something common to the whole system

and power is first up for double checking.

Have you got a volt meter?

Hope it's something simple and fixable Frank

Looking at my handset there's a couple of things come to mind. Is the handset switched on with the top right switch (I know but sillier things have messed me up before) and is the speed set high enough to notice the movement?

I expect that it's a simple thing and easily fixed. I've got my fingers crossed.

Like Phil said, it's most likely the power tank as they take ages to fill up properly and run down in a few hours.

Captain Chaos

Thanks Fella's, still no joy, the power tank is throwing out 13.4 volts, it was on charge overnight,the handset switch is on, speed set at 18X this is what I would normally use,but the thing does'nt want to play.nothing untoward has happened to it, so I will continue to play,open to any and all suggestions.

Cheers Frank

Thanks to everyone for your speedy replies,the unit is now on its way to Steve,but this Forum has shown yet again what a great bunch you are,there are no strangers, only Lounge members you haven't met yet :D:p

Cheers Frank

Stargazers Lounge, the Seventh Cavalry on-line

Archived