Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Widefield shots, Still Learning.

which lens are you using andrew do you have a manual infinity mode? looks like this > ∞ i find thats perfect for my focusing, also if u take a picci zoom into the photo with the screen on the back sometimes works for me if theres not alot of lp

Cracking composition...

For focusing without a PC... Put a bright star in the centre of the FOV, use live view with max magnification and adjust the focus back and fore a few times till you get a feel for the optimum focus.. I use either a small blob of blutack or some "surgical" tape to "lock" the focus as it can "creep" slightly with the slightest vibration .. make sure you switch the lens to manual focus...

I would possibly close the aperture down a stop or two as well this will give better stars around the edges and corners and also give a bit more DOF to play with helping the focusing

Billy...

Archived