Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Webcam Mod wiring

malc-c

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Is there a "proper" circuit diagram / schematic for this transistor only mod please? For some reason I can't get my head around it looking at these vero boards...

Post 109 and 124....

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally found a SPC900NC and it's in Phoenix so I just have to wait for it to be mailed to the San Francisco area. While Im waiting for it to arrive I have a few questions about the mod and I'll probably have more later on.

1.) With the dead bug method can the 4066 chip be substituted with another chip? I would like to buy everything from a local electronic store.

2.) Now with the mod that deals with a PCB board. Can the PCB be copperless and if so do the cuts need to be made?*

3.) I see all the talk of if you don't have a parallel port on you laptop you have to go with a serial mod but wouldn't a parallel USB converted work.*

1.) With the dead bug method can the 4066 chip be substituted with another chip? I would like to buy everything from a local electronic store.
Yes, there are other FET switch chips.
2.) Now with the mod that deals with a PCB board. Can the PCB be copperless and if so do the cuts need to be made?*
Yes, poke the wires through the holes and solder together on the other side. With no copper there's nothing to cut. Or use a breadboard where you just plug component wires into little sockets.
3.) I see all the talk of if you don't have a parallel port on you laptop you have to go with a serial mod but wouldn't a parallel USB converted work.*
For use with the transistor circuit, anything that will produce two data outputs will work (if you use the right drivers/software). But USB to RS232 adapters are readily available and cheap.

See the thread started by yesyes for more info.

• 5 months later...

Archived