Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

HEQ5 Synscan and Stellarium

hi all

does anyone know if i can operate my mount using stellarium and the serial lead via a serial usb adaptor only, or do i have to use EQMOD.

The other question i have is do i plug the cable into the bottom of the synscan handset or directly into the mount where the handset plugs in.

thanks

Stellarium can control the Synscan mount either through it's own drivers or through EQMOD. To connect the mount to the computer use the serial lead to the handset and the select PC direct from the Synscan menu or you can dispense with the handset and connect the mount to a computer using an EQDIR module. What you cannot do is connect the mount directly to a computer.

Peter

To control your HEQ5 Synscan from a computer planetarium program ( Stellarium/ Carte du Ciel etc) just plug the serial cable you get with the mount into the handcontroller and select Celestron type mount.

You may need a USB to serial adaptor if you're using a laptop - I recommend the Keyspan USB>serial.

Archived