Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

North Lincs Astro 1st night

Nexus 6

Just a few words on the 1st night of the new astro society for this area, perfectly timed with monday night!, clear skies good conditions, no wind but cold all the same. A collection of scopes and bins were taken along to the excellent venue including models from skywatcher and celestron which gave some great views of varous objects. :)

A total of 26 people were there and enjoyed themselves immensley it was a brilliant start to the society's first meeting and everyone is already looking forward to the next one. Hopefully the numbers will increase as the weeks go by.

and the views :D

Thanks all for coming along :(

What's the date of the next meet ?

Hi Richard, next one is Monday April 4th, hope you can make it, meant to say loved the view through your 80ED, last Monday, bit of a shame they have now gone up in price, had my eye on one :(

Congratulations Alan and others present on what was a great night for observing. Stargazing Live was inspirational for many new people coming into astronomy but of course we can't rely on the occasional media event to maintain interest. I'm really please that you have got this off the ground and is a lesson for many astro societies who have slipped further back into their armchairs over the years - people don't just want to know about astronomy, they want to DO astronomy.

Again many congratulations on your new project and hope it continues to get better and better. My only regret is that I don't live closer!:(:D

Clear skies soon

James

Congratulations Alan and others present on what was a great night for observing. Stargazing Live was inspirational for many new people coming into astronomy but of course we can't rely on the occasional media event to maintain interest. I'm really please that you have got this off the ground and is a lesson for many astro societies who have slipped further back into their armchairs over the years - people don't just want to know about astronomy, they want to DO astronomy.

Again many congratulations on your new project and hope it continues to get better and better. My only regret is that I don't live closer!:):D

Clear skies soon

James

Hi James, thanks for that :D, the recent programmes on the beeb had me making my mind up to try again with a society for this area, it is certainly warranted and I am confident it will go from strength to strength, only stumbling block may be a sustained period of poor weather :)

Hope we all may have seen the last of this current terrible spell. :(

It was a superb night and Im already looking forward to the next meet.

Full marks and I doff my cap to Alan for having the time and patience to pull everything together and lets hope the numbers keep up if not increase.

Thanks Richard for letting me have a peek through the 80ED - fantastic scope.

Archived