Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First DSO

pook

Yep.... you guessed it.

fin2.jpg

Something went wrong with my flats I think... and there's a weird diffraction pattern from stars that's baffling me.

Oh.... and if you thought you had LP problems... here's one of my subs. This is what 20 secs @ ISO800 gave me last night.

_DSC2601.jpg

20 subs at 20 secs each. I was going t take more, but just assumed that the light pollution was too bad and gave up. I wish I'd done more now.

I also need a better way of recording flats. Will look into a cheap lightbox this weekend.

I'm not sure how long I can get out of this mount to be honest. I doubt I could go more than 30 secs without drift becoming a problem.

Thanks :) It's definitely turned my enthusiasm to carry on up to 11 anyway :p With more subs, and less noise I think I can get the hang of this :)

Now then... how much was that NEQ6 Pro mount again?

:)

Costs enough,, I should know!!! but is a brilliant and sturdy mount, even with 2 scopes guiding on it it is still solid as a rock.

Nice image from what look like terrible skies, how clear was it (apart from LP) as I sometimes get the heavy noise if there is any faint cloud in the heavens?.

how clear was it (apart from LP) as I sometimes get the heavy noise if there is any faint cloud in the heavens?.

There was a little bit of haze I think. I wasn't the clearest night I've ever seen.

looks like zee germans are invading your pictures with that iron cross...:)

regardless thats a beautiful m42 :p

Thanks :) No idea what is making my diffraction spikes look like that.

Archived