NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Switching the Ha lights on in ngc2403

MikeD

Thought I would post this animated giff of my test shots on NGC2403 last night.

8 @ 5 mins L with 8 @ 20 min' (bin x 2) Ha.

The Ha was added as a "lighten" layer set to 80% opacity.

The Signal to noise ratio is much better in the longer Ha shots but more L should even things out.

Thanks to Rob H for inadvertently pointing me in the direction of this target, it's got a lot going on.:)

Mike.

yfronto-albums-mike-deegan-s-yfronto-s-images-picture9497-ngc2403-l-ha-008x2.gif

yes the 10" newt @ 1.13 arc-sec/pixel, and I have just realised I have imaged this before unfortunatly I have lost all the data( apart from jpgs) to a hard drive failure last year.:)

Mike.

Great shot Mike. This is a very overlooked object surprisingly easy to pick up even from a surburban garden, with the moon out of the way obviously. I was looking at it last weekend in my 8" newt...

T x

6nm is half the bandwidth of 12nm.

You get less light through, but what you do get is very tightly centred on, in this case, Ha.

The tighter the bandwidth, the better the filter is at rejecting moonlight, light pollution etc, and you tend to get better contrast with whatever the NB target you're shooting.

HTH :)

Rob

Archived