Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Widefield M51...

Keiran

Hi all,

Well this is my first attempt at a guided image. The night started poorly, but i am pretty happy with the results.

I set up my equipment in the garden, with the college spotlights fullt lit. They didnt get turned off untill 11pm :) I setup at about 7pm, and it took me about an hour to get up and running.

This was the first time that i tested my Synguider, i had trouble finding a star to guide on, as i do not have and guide scope rings. When i did find a star it was almost always out of the view of my subject.

I managed to find a very dull star to guide on and got 3x 10min subs, then i lost the star. I then did 9 x 5min unguided subs with a few in between. I ended up with about 1hr 45 min of images to stack.

I was using a SW LPR filter, but there is alot of LP in my area. I had about 4 x 5min unguided on M51 from my dark site, and i think that this is almost equal to my latest attemp.

Anyway here it is, and I cant wait to take the kit to the darks site...

bulldog_keiran-albums-my-best-picture9465-m51-03-03-2011-15-sub-making-up-1hr-46mins-iso400-first-guided-image-3-x-10-min-subs-9-x-5-min-subs-unguided.jpg

Thanks for looking

Keiran

Thanks for the comments, guys. Dave, look forward to your results.

This was taken through the Megraz 72 with the 500D, and guided with a Celestron 102 and synguider, on my HEQ5 PRO.

Thanks for looking :)

Archived