Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Scope then mount??

Hi guys

After eventually deciding on my set up...i now have to assemble it :p I'm going for the 200P DS OTA on an eq6 mount but I'm going to get the OTA first then get the mount in another month or so time. Maybe in that time i might be able to pick one up that some1 is selling.

I know it's probably not the best way to do it but if i can maybe save a few bob on the mount then even better...a few extra EP's here and there and other little extras and my collection is slowly growing. I feel very lucky and privileged to be in this position and because it's such a large amount of money and with a new family addition on the way i want to get my purchase right and not be wanting something else a few months or years down the road....all this from a suprise 4" basic scope for christmas!!!!!:(:D:D

Wishing you all clear skies and happiness in whichever way and whichever world you live in :);):hello2:

Gaz

Hi Peter,that certainly is an option and i'm thinking of posting a wanted ad in the for sale section for a mount. I did actually mean to put a 250P DS.......trying to type to quickly to get my thread on before bedtime:rolleyes:

I used to have a 250P on a EQ6 and it's a perfect combination. It will keep you busy for years. A 250mm in this country is the ideal aperture for planetary viewing, thanks to our poor seeing conditions. It's large enough to see lots of detail, but not so large as to suffer too many nights of poor seeing.

Archived