Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Camera lens

Ive got quite a few M42 lenses to go with my Canon 300D 50mm f1.7, 135mm, f2.8 200mm, f3.5 500mm f8 is it possible to use these on my scope? If so how would I mount this setup to the scope, or would it be better to stick with the E.P's? Thanks

Scotty

What the!

Are you wanting to use the camera lenses instead of eyepieces or what? Seems like a possibility, but unlikely.

If you want to use the camera with these lenses on piggybacked to the 'scope then that should be straightforward. Usually the tube rings have a facility to mount a camera via the tripod threads so that the camera plus lens rides atop the 'scope and uses the mount's tracking to get widefield images.

HTH

Captain Chaos

Am I getting the wrong end of the stick here....

Sorry mate do you mean use the camera with the different lenses "Afocally" Ie. Hold the camera with the lens attatched to the eyepiece or do you mean convert the lense to an eyepiece....

Sorry.....If I don't get it..

Confooosed of Devon.

Greg

Aha....

You'll need a T Mount and the relevant adapter for the Canon...Speak to Aunti Flo...

Some eyepieces come with a screw thread which screws into the camera adapter underneath the rubber eyecup.

Or you can get a dedicted eyepiece adapter thingy from scopetronix.

All my astrophotography has been done this way :D

Greg

Archived