Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Telrad Positioning....

After much thought about where i would position my new Telrad on my SW Skyliner 200P, i finally settled piggybacking it on my finderscope...It is easy on the neck and back, and very easy to go from finder scope to Telrad without hardly any movement...From previous discussions on Telrad placement, is there any reason why this hasnt been considered before?.....

post-21860-133877540131_thumb.jpg

post-21860-13387754014_thumb.jpg

Hi Chris,

Im near Tal-Y-Llyn lake(Llyn Mwyngil). You can see my little man on the "Where are you in the World" map. Ive just had a few hours Observing using the Telrad..Its the best thing ive purchased so far, makes it so much easier finding stars to hop as it were!..So far the Finder scope hasnt moved out of alignment, and the Telrad itself seems very sturdy...Found another 3 Messiers M109,M103, and M76....Out of interest before i came indoors(very windy now) wanted to see how quick i could find M1(Crab Nebula) using the Telrad..Took about 10 seconds..I highly recommend it.....:)

Thats a good recommendation then!

I'm using a 150p on eq3-2 mount and am finding it difficult to pinpoint DSO's - I end up in the general direction on a nearby star & "scan" the area through the scope until i find what i'm after (I'm quite good at it now!) but it still takes time & I do get frustrated.

Still have to do a bit of Scanning as it were. But what i love about it is you can find which star you want to start from straight away. I never get frustrated if i cant find the DSO, theres always another night for that. But what was a real pain was knowing if you were pointing it at the correct star to begin with. Theres none of that now, i know im looking at the correct star because you have both eyes open and what you see is what you get!!!.....:)

Thats a good place to put it (wish i thought of that) i went to all the trouble of moving the finder shoe over a bit and put mine between the focuser and the finder, it works well together and can only agree about the Telrad, one of the best things i bought makes things so much easier

Havn`t used any Telrad charts yet, I dont want it to be too easy to find things if that makes sense!!...I am lucky that the skies where I live are very dark..So as long as the skies are clear and im generally in the correct location, I should be able to find whatever it is I`m looking for(even if it takes an hour or two)..The main reason for getting the Telrad was so I knew i was looking at the right stars to begin with(was hard with the supplied 9x50 finder scope) also made my neck really hurt!..I still want it to be a challenge and a sense of achievement when I do find it......Im a bit old fashioned when it comes to things like that!..Im only 33!.....:)

Archived