Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dew Controler

oshb5

All you need is a simple PWM controller...

In the past I have when I couldnmt be bothered with building soemthing up from scratch I used the Commo Drill speed controller but if you want to use multiple channels dont mount them in metal box as the outputs of each "channel" need to float relative to each other...

MFACOMODRILLS.COM

Or if you want to build your own from scratch...here's one circuit...

DPRG: A Simple PWM Circuit Based on the 555 Timer

There are loads more out there...

Billy....

For £29.99 I picked up a computer controlled (over USB) 4 channel PWM and 8 relay unit... with some very interesting writing on the PCB thanks to a heads up post a couple of months ago... it will be ideal for the obs setup... a really useful mount hub....:)

• 3 weeks later...
All you need is a simple PWM controller...

In the past I have when I couldnmt be bothered with building soemthing up from scratch I used the Commo Drill speed controller but if you want to use multiple channels dont mount them in metal box as the outputs of each "channel" need to float relative to each other...

MFACOMODRILLS.COM QUOTE

Hi Psyco

Its funny you should suggest this as iv just bought two of these for the power feedim building for my mini mill

Regs Andy

I was thinking of making one but tbo I came to the conclusion it wasn't worth it. I got a 4 channel controller of e-bay, just the board, needed a box, 4 pots and knobs. the whole lot came to about 20 quid, but had to work out the configuration of the pots and drill holes in the box for pots, power cord and the phono plug sockets.

The ebay seller I think was called pic projects and the board was about 14 quid.

There are diagrams on the net bus as I said when you work it out with buying the components etc and still run the risk of it not working etc, just not worth it.

Pete

• 7 months later...

Sorry had forgot about this thread I went out anf got a HitecAstro one Its great for the price. I also got it at the same time one of their USB focusers Its a super silent in operation and temperature compensated Its a great bit of kit.

i was looking into making one - but the fact that I have never succesfully made anything before - by the time i bought the components and destroyed them - it would have been cheaper to buy the finished article - mind you i made a baffle and fan device for cooling the primary mirror... time will tell

Archived