Crayford Focuser for my C8

Well I've got a WO dual speed focusser on my ZS66 and it is very nice. the little knob on the C8 isn't great is it. I know some people clip a peg to it but I forked out about £15 for a large knurled and calibrated disc which fits over the original knob. This works a treat although obviously not as sweet as the WO dual speed Crayford. Question of priorities I guess - high performance diagonal, EPs etc etc. they are lovely bits of kit though aren't they...don't tempt me!

Wow great minds..................

Im looking at getting a Moonlite focuser as they seem to have a good reputation,I think what tipped it over the scales was trying to get a good focus on Saturn last night.

I know it isnt the beat but Sky @ Night had a group test a few months ago,might be worth a look

Great minds indeed.... well, hey with both own a C8. Come on! :D:p

I love the moonlite stuff. Fantastic kit. Steve @ FLO is of course now a supplier of them, but unfortunately they are out of my price range!. Scopes n Skies sell the Antares one for around £80. But I would like a 360 rotational one to be honest!!

image shift is always a problem with the SCTs not one that should effect viewing though , or at least i have never found that to be the case in the 3 SCTs i have had , however , this can be a major problem , when imaging , especially planets , which as we know are under high Mag, and its difficult enough to keep an image in the frame, this is when i wish i had a crayford fitted , without it , it does take time to keep fiddling about getting good focus , my friend had one fitted to his SCT and it was a dream , so with that in mind when i get my C11, I shall be looking at any image shift ,if there is a hinty of it , then a crayford will be fitted ,

Rog

But heck sorry Rob , in your case , viewing i cant see to much of a problem by not fitting one .

your choice :D

I think it should be a wanted advert........ it is late and Rob hasn't had enough sleep it seems

Thanks for spotting that guys!!!... this happened before when I placed a Wanted ad. :?.

Sorted it now!.

Rog. I'm no imager as you know... but I do find slight image shift (enough to irritate me) especially after owning 2 great Maks that had none :?. I also hate the focus knob on the C8!... where the heck is the grip!!.

Archived