Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

oh where is this star

star_chaser

07:15:27.743 +19:07:34.22

ok so my niece has had a star named after her and wants me to find it. this is all the info i have at the moment were do i begin to look

thanks star

ps i sent a message to her asking for more detail but this is all i have at the moment

only though i could search names but thanks i didn't think of that

star

{edit} could not find where to put in coordinates on stellarium. i just sent her a message asking for more info as i dontt even know where to start looking

Hi Star, it's probably GSC 01354-0966 (magnitude 11.6). The coordinates in Sky Tools 3 vary slightly from those you supplied (RA 07h15m30.6s _ Dec +19°07'40") but i went all the way down to magnitude 20 and there's nothing else near it. It's the red cross in the attached screen capture. :)

post-13732-133877536347_thumb.jpg

@ kh3ldar most likely but her boyfriend bought/named it for her. oh to be young and in love

and telitha thank you very much for that im still trying to get my head around polar alignment. finding that star would be impossible oh well at least its in gemini so is still about

thanks again all. star

Archived